Managed to narrowly avoid getting scammed, any steps I need to take to ensure my account is safe?

Mergedpotato
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

So today I received an email saying that my account was limited, and it asked me to log in on a rather convincing looking website that was secured according to my browser. I logged in and started filling in my info. until I noticed that my password manager somehow does not remember ANYTHING on the site, and despite being a secured site there's no mention of it on Google. Luckily however, I had remembered the wrong password for my Paypal account at the time (not being very bright has a few perks it seems), so the scammers were given a password that doesn't work.

I have already forwarded the scam mail to PayPal but I just wanted to ask ; Is there anything else I should do to make sure that the fake site doesn't find out my real password somehow? I realized it was a scam after putting in my email and the (wrong) password and didn't put anything else in. Are there any measures needed here to ensure my account's safe?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.