Manage currencies

Dee831
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Where can I find manage currencies to calculate exchange rates under Paypal's new layout. It used to be 

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Currencies next to PayPal balance
  5. Enter the required information under Currency Exchange and click Calculate.
  6. The exchange rate is displayed, and you can review it before you complete your payment.

but now when I click my profile it only gives me my Paypal balance, option to transfer funds, option to add remove cards, bank account etc

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dee831

Click on the 3 dots next to paypal balance > manage currencies BUT I think you only get the option for currency exchange with a business account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

arcadelt
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too. Having removed the currency calculation feature is not only a failure but it may be illegal under Australian law for a customer to not be able to determine full fees and charges associated with a financial transaction.

Login to Me Too

Dee831
Contributor
Contributor

It is very frustrating. I would have used the currency calculator quite a lot before making a purchase in another currency. I thought  it might have been moved but it seems to be gone altogether. 

Login to Me Too

arcadelt
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is a very annoying omission from the revised website. Sometimes web designers, in their haste to get a clean modern look, neglect to include previously useful tools.

Login to Me Too

Dee831
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully they will make note of this and bring it back

Login to Me Too

arcadelt
Contributor
Contributor

If you haven’t already, search for "manage currencies" in help, and at the bottom where it asks whether the answer (which describes the old way of checking currencies) was helpful, choose "No" and then "Other" and explain that the feature no longer exists. Perhaps that will add a further prompt to PayPal website developers.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@arcadelt

It is available but only with business accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dee831
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. It was available for personal accounts until they changed the website

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dee831

Yep i know, but it isn't now.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.