Make sure of credibility

akrmjo
New Community Member

Dear Sir;

How I can check for any Web site its a trust or fraud for purchasing, because I will pay by PayPal  so if the store didn't sent to me the goods how you can help me?

Although now i will buy from (http://www.printerdirectstore.com) is this web site trust or not?

I am waiting your answer to complete my deal.

Best Regards

Akram <removed>  

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@akrmjo 

Paypal gives you some buyer protection but its not a 100% coverall.

So the onus is on you to read up on buyer protection in paypals user agreement so you can risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bsingh13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Akram,

I am investigating this same printerdirect site also and wanted to know if you made your purchase and found them legitimate.

Please tell us.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Neil_young
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  Bsingh13

Please advise whether you bought anything from  Printerdirectstore.com?

How was your experience with this company?

Kind Regards

Neil

Login to Me Too

Bsingh13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Neil,

I'm still contemplating whether to try them. Maybe a lower-priced head first and then something else.

I wrote to them and this is the response I got. Not sure how you would feel about it. 

-------

Dear sir
Sorry we are late replying to your email.
There is no opening for scam if payment via paypal. and our payment method via paypal. paypal guarantees the security and convenience of transactions and paypal which is currently number one that has a transaction system that guarantees security for buyers.
If you see the product on our website, it means the product is available.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bsingh13 

They may be ok as they do give full contact information but this bit.........

There is no opening for scam if payment via paypal. and our payment method via paypal. paypal guarantees the security and convenience of transactions and paypal which is currently number one that has a transaction system that guarantees security for buyers.

is rubbish. Of course you can get scammed, if the item arrives and its tat/damaged/not working then to get money back you often have to send it back at your own expense ''with tracking'' to prove delivery which is VERY expensive back to Malaysia.

Paypal does not guarantee security, they can only give you some buyer protection as per their user agreement.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Neil_young
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I have put it the test I bought cables from them.

My Order Status is as follows:

Order #12810

Order Date: 12th Nov 2020

This order is marked as Awaiting Fulfillment

So will you know my progress and experiences.

Regards

Login to Me Too

Bsingh13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Neil,

No update on your order status yet? Is it still Awaiting Fulfilment? 

Login to Me Too

parker27
New Community Member

hi Neil,

I am also interested to know if this worked out and if the company is legit or a scam?

I ordered a print head a couple of weeks ago and have not been able to get anyone to respond to an email or phone call.

Login to Me Too

Bsingh13
Contributor
Contributor

Lol. We've all been ghosted. 

Now we'll never know 😪

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.