Make payment at Spar first before money is released?

kd100
New Community Member

This is the first time i am using PayPal and is scared of being scammed, so if somebody can advise pls?

A person wants to buy a vehicle from me. i got an email form (i presume) PayPal that the money was paid to my PayPal account ( it does not show under Activity yet).

I also got an email that says i must pay my own money at Spar for pick up fees & send proof to PayPal to have the funds released. ( he did add the extra money that i must pay for pick up fees).

In total i got 4 emails from PayPal:
1. Notification of an Instant Payment Received from x x x x
2. Information on how to complete your recent transaction with PayPal!

3. Processing oF Funds

4. How To Send Money Via Spar

Is this indeed PayPal's real email address?  mmm i'm not allowed to post that email adr here

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @kd100

Thank you for raising your concern through our community forum.

It's good that you are taking precautions on how you deal online.

If someone sends you a payment, you’ll receive an email notification. The funds you receive will also appear in your account balance.

However, had you received an email saying you’ve received a payment, but you don’t see it in your PayPal account, there are a number of possibilities:
1. It may have been accidentally sent to the wrong email address. You could contact the sender to confirm that the payment was sent to the correct email address.
2. You may have the email address on your account, but you didn't confirm it. You need to comfirm your email address to prove that you have access to it, before you can receive payments. You can confirm it under your payment settings.

If none of these are your case, consider the item unpaid and do not ship the merchandise.

Hope this helps. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too

freechopper97
New Community Member

I have checked my address and everything else. LOOKS like a SCAM. Was hoping it was genuine, 

Login to Me Too

Bakerszn
New Community Member
Can you help me. I’ve also had a buyer state I must pay R1000 via spar to release my funds. Can you tell me if the same person was issac from the UK
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.