Mailing vs. Shipping address

TexRider69
Contributor
Contributor

Is it a Paypal policy that online ordered merchandise can ONLY be shipped to a registered billing address (or the merchant)? Haven't had this issue in the past but a recent merchant refused to ship to the address where I am (I live in my RV) so swapped billing and shipping addresses.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TexRider69

For paypal seller protection, a seller can only ship to the paypal registered address of the buyer at the time of the transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TexRider69

For paypal seller protection, a seller can only ship to the paypal registered address of the buyer at the time of the transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TexRider69
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal's loss - I cannot use it for my needs. I am one of many full-time RVers who live on the road and use a mail service as their legal/mailing address. Where I am is never that address, so my shipping address is always changing. Too bad.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TexRider69

Safer for the seller though.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

EverBeautiful
How do I change my shipping address
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EverBeautiful

Here's how to add, change, or remove a address.

1. Click the  Settings icon next to "Log out."
  2. Click Manage all addresses in the "Address" section.
  3. To update, click Update under the address you want to change. Enter your changes and click Update Address.
  4. To add, click Add address, enter the new address and click Add Address.
    • Click Make this my primary address if you want this new address to be primary.
    • Please note that your primary address should match your billing address, as listed in your Wallet. Click here for more information on changing your billing address. 
  5. To remove, click Remove under the address you want to remove.
    • You cannot remove your primary address without adding a new primary address first.

We will automatically validate your address, and may suggest a different variation of the address. You can choose one of the options presented, or continue with the address you entered.

If you're being asked to update your address for a security check, learn more here

Please note that you can’t change your address to another country. If you’re moving abroad, you’ll need to close your existing account and open a new one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

EverBeautiful
Thank you
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you can have multiple shipping addresses,when making payment,select the one you want the item to be shipped to.

seller will get seller protection to ship to the one in paypal payment notice.

it is no longer necessary to use the verified address. 

some seller does not ship to PO BOX

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EverBeautiful

Your welcome.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.