Mail from service@int’t.paypal.com

Wdxraul
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I just received an email from someone who wants to buy something from me and he told me that he has payed with paypal.. I really think it is a fraud, how can I live chat with someone?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wdxraul 

This scam has been ongoing for at least 15 years, I post the post above at least 6 times a day.

They are using throwaway phones or anonymous or hijacked email addresses and work out of an internet cafe somewhere in Africa.

No is going to stop them unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wdxraul 

Sounds like this scam read it and see.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Wdxraul
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the answer. I am wondering if there’s a chance to stop these guys... i have the details of their phone number where they contacted me.. I just don’t want to let them trick others
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wdxraul 

This scam has been ongoing for at least 15 years, I post the post above at least 6 times a day.

They are using throwaway phones or anonymous or hijacked email addresses and work out of an internet cafe somewhere in Africa.

No is going to stop them unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.