jbwolf657
Contributor
Contributor

Is Magical mall a scam orderd 5days ago for a drone

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

McKirk
New Community Member

I bought a waterproof dron with a 4K camera, got a piece of plastic. It's a cheat, do not buy anything there

Login to Me Too

DSAUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Absolute Scam! Received a KY601S drone which is nothing like the promo pics on their ad.

I would not pay $9.99 for it far less the $79.99. Piece of garbage. Packaging was all broken/bent out of shape.

Checked into cost of returning it and the rates are more than the drone is worth. There is no SD card on the bird at all.

I am absolutely furious at myself for taking the risk - I did not expect much - but I got far far far less than even my low expectations.

If anyone has any ideas/feedback on resolving this entire situation I would love to know....

Given the excellent Chinese engineering of DJI drones - I am sure that President Xi would be disgusted at scam artists being an embarrassment to Chine - I am seriously considering sending him a polite letter if I cannot find a resolution to the crooked scheme that I fell for.

Login to Me Too

DSAUSA
Contributor
Contributor

I need to correct my previous post. I meant to say "No SD card SLOT"

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DSAUSA

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hollywebvideo
Contributor
Contributor

Total Scam!

Login to Me Too

Mo35
Contributor
Contributor
Scam . I bought 2 Trex 450 Rc helis that are supposed to be 4 feet long . What i got today was 2 tiny small plastic heli that don’t fly and they are not worth one dollar each . Tossed in the garbage . Luckily PayPal refunded my money . Stay away from thirst croocks
Login to Me Too

randoMAcce55
Contributor
Contributor

This is an old trick - in the tnc, they just add "actual products may differ from the advertised images". This helps scammers surpass the chargebacks.

Anyway, try your best to secure your money from them.

Login to Me Too

Hollywebvideo
Contributor
Contributor

Totally **bleep**ING SCAM!  Ordered two drones.  Neither was even close to what they advertise.  Worst case of false advertising ive ever seen.

PAYPAL DENIED MY CLAIM...CHOSE TO STAND BEHIND MAGICAL MALL INSTEAD OF ME.  BUYER PROTECTION IS A SCAM AS WELL!

Here are the photos of the two drones...

20180813_204858.jpg20180813_205140.jpg20180813_205236.jpg

As you can see, they arent even the size of a $2 bill.  And the camera is complete different than advertised.

Here are pictures of what they advertise on their site!

5_820x.jpgca71059f76c25060b9fec42d5aeaa8bb_large.jpgProfesional-ND-Ajustable-MCUV-CPL-Pro-Polarizador-Circular-Lente-Filtro-Polarizador-Para-DJI-Phantom-3-C.jpg_640x640_dacb0c0a-ce77-4492-b2b5-04b3991caa63_large.jpg large (1).jpglarge.jpg

The drones they sold me had no camera like they advertised....and a third of the size!

PAYPAL DENIED MY CLAIM....Their buyer protection is a crock of **bleep** as well.

Login to Me Too

Hollywebvideo
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal stepped up after I called them on phone and they refunded my money without returning.  It seems their system isnt updated about this company....so a live person helped better.  Less frustrated...!

Login to Me Too

PRiSMiWi

Pure SCAM do not buy. I bought an HulkBuster IronMan which was totally plastic and did not worth more than 1$. He is selling as a totally genuinie article for 40$. He claims he lowered the prize from 160$.

DO NOT BUY

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.