Made a purchase with an unlegit company, need to cancel the pending payment

rebekka_bakken
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!
So, I managed to make a purchase with a company today (which I found out later is not legit. Ugh.. Can't believe I did this..)
However. I am not able to cancel the pending payment - there is no cancel option. I have sent the company an e-mail, which I have not yet received an answer from. The "contact us" button on their website is not working. Alot of buttons are not working, really.. I noticed this after making the purchase, I feel so stupid..
Does anyone know how I can fix this?
It's too late to call paypal, I have sent them an e-mail. I just wanted to try and fix this before the payment is no longer pending, and completed.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rebekka_bakken

If they process your order and you don't get anything then you can file a dispute for non receipt of item and get a refund.

Equally so if they send an item that is misdescribed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rebekka_bakken

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rebekka_bakken
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thanks for taking the time to answer!
So I am a little confused. There is no way of cancelling this order?
I am scared they'll just process the order and take the money.
Wanting to stop the payment before it goes that far.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Normally only the seller or merchant can cancel a purchase transaction - that's while you don't have an option to cancel it on your end.   (If you were sending money to someone like as Friends and Family and the status was "unclaimed", you can usually cancel those types of transactions however, not for puchases.)   Since you can't contact the seller, you do have the option to open a dispute in the resolution center requesting a refund.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rebekka_bakken

If they process your order and you don't get anything then you can file a dispute for non receipt of item and get a refund.

Equally so if they send an item that is misdescribed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rebekka_bakken
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks to you both for the help! I actually got a reply from the company, and they cancelled my order. Phew!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.