Made a dreadful mistake

Skyeblue
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

i made a mistake the other day and think I’ve lost £185? 

A bit of background. I’m disabled and on multiple medications including morphine and gabapentin. Both affect memory etc. in fact, my memory is shot to pieces. I’ve also got severe depression and anxiety.

For the first tine I bought something on gumtree. The seller asked if I’d like to do bank transfer or PayPal, I of course took PayPal to make sure I had seller protection. I’m extremely careful that way 🙄

Anyway, I opened PayPal and set about making the payment. Now, I only make direct transactions direct from PayPal to send to friends where a group of us use it to put money into an account each month for birthdays. Off I went and made my transaction. I just carried on doing what I usually do and made the payment.

Today I’ve had a dreadful thought and when I checked my account I’ve sent it friends and family. 

Im devastated, I’ve been crying my eyes out. The seller had said that she would send the item by courier but it would take a couple of days to get it picked up. This was late Sunday evening.

do I have any way of getting my money back if she doesn’t send my item.

sorry to be so stupid.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skyeblue

Hopefully your seller is honest and you get your item.

However if you are unfortunate then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Skyeblue
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to reply.

my heart is sinking as she isn’t answering any of my emails. I really could cry as it’s a lot of money to loose and it was going to be from my hubby for my 60th birthday. Sadly it would have come out of my bank account.

SB.

Login to Me Too

Hannac95
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal told me to report it to ic3.gov and that they work directly with them, but unfortunately once you do that they still offer no options when ic3.gov isn’t responding, as well as no response from seller. The paypal agent wouldn’t allow me to speak with his supervisor either. Makes me sick to my stomach to lose that money with absolutely zero effort on paypals end. Once you have done all the run-around waste of your time request poorly advised by their Customer Disservice agents with no refund still, I would advise anyone in this situation to take them to small claims, as I too am doing. And don’t forget to claim interest on your payment as well as the hardship that came with late fees, penalties,so kindly provided to you by Paypal duping you. Try using **bleep** if you need any help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.