Macys and PayPal thus stole $214.50 from me!

MattoGatto
Contributor
Contributor
Very disappointed with Macys and PayPal. Ordered 2 pairs of shoes from Macy's, paid via PayPal. Did not receive the shoes so tried to contact Macy's. No response. After multiple attempts to contact Macy's, filed a complaint with PayPal. PayPal is merchant's pal only, they summarily closed my request. Macys and PayPal thus stole $214.50 from me!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

dmkbox
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal always on side where larger profit. Try chargeback from your bank.
Login to Me Too

MattoGatto
Contributor
Contributor

How does chargeback from bank work?

Login to Me Too

dmkbox
Contributor
Contributor
Within 60 days (may differ) you ask your bank to dispute transaction. They might ask your proofs eg tracking numbers, invoices etc. If your bank loyal to clients you have good chances. Caution. If you successful got your money via chargeback, paypal can block your account
Login to Me Too

MattoGatto
Contributor
Contributor

Glad to report this issue was resolved. Sad to report that this issue only received traction after starting a social media campaign drawing attention to the problem very publicly. Hate that I had to go there, but happy to at least get a refund. Note, the same shoes have remained for sale and showing as in stock on the Macy's site but their follow-up explanation on why the products were not delivered and they issued the refund was that they were not in stock. Go figure. Thank you community for your support!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.