Lysol flash sale scam

CD37
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered flash sale Lysol products and immediately tried to cancel because I got message stating it was scam/fraud . Can’t reach anyone at PayPal and order shows pending but won’t let me cancel . No information on the order to contact seller
Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CD37 

1. You can only cancel a pending payment if its gone to a non existent email address and has a cancel option as the payment can't ever complete.

2. If its gone to an email address that does exist but not yet linked to a paypal account then as long as its not claimed by that email address (by them setting up a paypal account) then it will be time out 30 days post payment.

3. If its pending awaiting authorisation to a company then you ask the company to cancel your order and not to capture the pending payment...then again it will time out 30 days post payment.

4. If its a pending echeque then once its cleared you can ask the seller to refund it back to you as you can't cancel a pending echeque.

5. Lastly if it completes then you can open a dispute for non receipt of item OR not as described (for more info read buyer protection).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CD37
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly ! However ... the protocol PayPal gives you to “cancel” an order that is “pending” is in “activity” tan bit this seller doesn’t have it ! Convenient huh !!! And the other directive from PayPal is to contact seller as seller information would be on order .... NOT !!! Hence my reaching out to PayPal .. could not locate seller on any site !!! It was so stupid of me to not catch it up front ! I’m frustrated that I couldn’t get legitimate support!
Login to Me Too

CD37
Contributor
Contributor
Typos ... sorry tab instead of tan ... also when PayPal finally gave me an email address of seller it was not even close to the same name that was on the order ...
Login to Me Too

DonnaJo66
Contributor
Contributor
I just fell for this scam! September 26, 2020. Googled lysol wipes online, and an ad popped up for a flash sale up to 70% off. On the site, that I must say look legit, everything was 20% off. They had a never ending supply of product, I swear I could've "purchased" thousands of dollars of wipes if I wanted to. Instead, I settled for $66 with the free shipping over $60. So stupid of me. Too good to be true! Only way to pay was by PayPal, strange. Nothing was ever emailed to me as in confirmation, strange. Checked the website the next day (lysol-cleaners.Com) and the site was GONE! Wtf. GONE. No IP address available. Checked PayPal, and my payment was sent to some woman's name! Not a typical company name. I have been SCAMMED. I contacted PayPal, and they gave me direction to contact the seller first. Great! Now awaiting her response. I'm so angry about this whole ordeal, that there are people out there preying on others and robbing from them. I feel left just smh...
Login to Me Too

Jessicao1
Contributor
Contributor
I have also been scammed with lysolsales.com, which I ended up passing on to my boss. The only reason I found out was because I was telling my friend about it and when she looked it up it said IP address not found. The payment went to a woman with a Hotmail account.
Login to Me Too

Kjsbeauty38115
Contributor
Contributor
Me to. Yesterday. It went to Tracyelizab.
Login to Me Too

Dennie3
Contributor
Contributor

They just got me too, Why if we all have complaints it's PayPal looking into the site??

I really would like to find this person and get my money back  Paypal is taking to long for me and I stopped in less then 48 hours

Login to Me Too

Leschelle30
New Community Member

The exact thing happen to  me.   I paid thru PayPal and my invoice shows not paid when you can access the website. I filed a claim thru PayPal and they are supposedly waiting on them to contact them back.  The website is now closed down.  This is ridiculous.  I spent $50.00  and got supposedly free shipping.  When they did email me the confirmation number it was for a different order that was delivered on the day that my payment was processed.  The email address that was provided was bogus!!!!!!   This was too good to be true,

Login to Me Too

I have just fell for the same thing except the site was lysolgift.com. I should have known smh, it was to good to be true. I haven’t received a confirmation email and after you purchase the items the woman name shows up. If I saw her name prior then I would have not purchased. Buyer Beware.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.