London

NisaKutleshi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone. So basically someone had bought a camera from me on gumtree and it’s led to my paypal account. On email it says that he’s paid me the amount and that it won’t come through until I’ve sent evidence of the receipt of the shipment. Is this a scam or what?? Help!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NisaKutleshi

SCAM.
They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NisaKutleshi
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass omg thank you! This is what's coming up in email and in another email, its saying that he has paid me but on my PayPal account it literally says nothing? :::

nowlass Hi omg thank you so much for your help. image2.png

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NisaKutleshi

That screenshot won't show up until its approved by the moderators on Monday.

But as per my original post sounds like that scam.

If you want to copy and paste a section of that email NOT GIVING AWAY ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFO then go ahead.

Not going to bed for a while.........LOL

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

NisaKutleshi
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

basically the whole email: 

(process this order as soon as possible)

Hello, Nisa Kutleshi

You received a payment from 
******The money is pending and deposited in PayPal escrow account.The payment will not reflect in your account balance until we receive the proof of shipment from you for confirmation and, once shipment is confirmed, the money will be in your available balance within few minutes. This will help us continue to be a safer way to buy and sell.
Login to Me Too

NisaKutleshi
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass there's more but it won't let me send it UGH

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NisaKutleshi

Yep 100% SCAM............PAYPAL do not do escrow.

Paypal DO NOT expect you to send an item before being paid.

Ignore the scammer.

I have been on here for over 10 years and the scam has been ongoing for that long.  Smiley Mad

BUT i told you NOT to post any personal info so click on the 3 dots in your post and remove it using the edit option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

NisaKutleshi
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wow i can't believe people acc do stuff like this. I've told him that i won't be sending the item and he's decided to ignore me now LOL

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NisaKutleshi

Smiley Happy Good.

Goodies 1 Scammers 0.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

NisaKutleshi
Contributor
Contributor

🙂 Yes indeed ! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.