June 30, 2018 deadline for updating browser

btmullenix
Contributor
Contributor

I have an ordinary account (but my debit card says 'Business' on it).  I just use PayPal to purchase items from e-bay (mostly).  My browsers are already at the top of their abilities and I can't afford to purchase a new computer.  Am I really not going to be able to see my PayPal account after 6/30/18?  Am I supposed to withdraw my money and close the account?  Seriously, what are 'poor' people supposed to do here?  I'm on a fixed income and have to watch every penny, and am unable to accommodate PayPal's upgrade request.  Would it make a difference if I had a personal account, in which case, how do I change from Business to Personal?  (Don't know how I got on Business in the first place).  I read the policy information and am completely lost, as I have no idea what all those initials stand for or if I use them to make purchases.  And even if I can continue to make purchases, if I can't see my account, I won't be able to track purchases or ask questions.  This is all very confusing for non-computer literate elderly people!

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@molly10

Try reading the instructions again, as far as I can see nowhere does it tell you to log in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fredshow
New Community Member

They used to be so good about answering the phone, but now it's impossible unless you select one of their limited selections. 

None of the selections apply

I cannot upgrade my browser as the recent alert warns.   I would have to buy a new computer.  So what am I supposed to do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fredshow

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fredshow
New Community Member

THank you ... tried the phone, turned out to be endless loops and finally she hung up on me.

Login to Me Too

JM1958
New Community Member

Anyone know the Paypal email address? Here's the thing. To upgrade my browser I would need to buy a new Apple computer. That is NOT going to happen and I want to let them know that. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Juicyjuc4510
New Community Member
I received a email from PayPal that I need to update my browser or I can no longer use PayPal I have a,Samsung Galaxy S 4 phone I use Google to access PayPal but I use a app called security master and use safe browser to access Google I updated Google crome will that work or do I need to do something else
Login to Me Too

grant18
Contributor
Contributor

I also have a problem that there is no info for the Silk browser on Kindle Fires?

Login to Me Too

iowapinball
Contributor
Contributor

Received an email warning about updating my browser.  I'm running Firefox 48.0.2 on a MacBook with OS 10.6.8 (the highest OS my MacBook will run).  When I attempt to upgrade Firefox I get the message: "You cannot perform further upgrades on this system".  Not really ready to purchase another laptop just to continue using PayPal.  Please advise.

Login to Me Too

saulbro
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to reply, pressing "I am not a robot", my message disappears before I get to press "submit".

Login to Me Too

saulbro
Contributor
Contributor

Using MacOS 10.7, so doubt I can upgrade browser.  A few weeks to save up my lunch money, buy a new computer, and migrate data?  I don't think so.  Looks like, at severe inconvenience, PayPal will no longer be, along with Dropbox, a part of my life.  Now what did I do with those postage stamps?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.