JPMC RE PAYPAL NTL LTD scam?

Dawnbreaks
Contributor
Contributor

Had £52.99 taken from my bank account under name of JPMC RE PAYPAL NTL LTD, NOT OUT OF MY PayPal account!, PayPal sUggested to contact my bank who cancelled the D/D and refunded...so how more people may not have noticed this...all need to be warned...and change password may help?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dawnbreaks

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make (or pay your Ebay fees).
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

If you have cancelled it then you won't be able to use your bank account to fund paypal payments to sellers.

Sometimes it does not coincide with the date you made the payment as paypal CREDIT the seller in advance and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account, they can 'leave' that account at anytime from a few hours up to a few days later. Also the 'amount' can sometimes not be recognised if you used it as a part-payment with the rest coming from funds already in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

thedeva
Contributor
Contributor

On the left hand side you will see "Funding source"

On mine it has my credit card, my debit card and also my bank details.

Click on the bank details and if it's like mine it will say "direct debit instruction" and next to it "accepted"

I can't remember setting this up but it explains why I had £25.15 taken from my bank on the 18th December. I finally traced it back to a payment I made to "Wish" on the 12th of December. 

Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

BusySuzi
Contributor
Contributor
JPMC RE PAYPAL HAVE JUSTT SCAMMED MY PAYPAY ACCOUNT TOO.
Login to Me Too

Mg02
Contributor
Contributor
Yeh they scammed mine to i am trying to cancel my paypal now but they keep saying there is a pending transaction which i know there isn't i have tried talking to paypal about this but this jpmc doesn't come up on paypal account so as far as tbey are concerned they are not liable for this i cant even cancel my debit card 😡😡😡
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.