Item received is counterfeit product

cb1965
Contributor
Contributor
Hi has anyone here received an item that was counterfeit and the seller was no help and PayPal basically has done nothing to help? I'm literally stuck with a fake item that I paid too much for.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cb1965 

As you haven't said what you have done so far as regards paypal 'not helping' then hard to advise.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cb1965
Contributor
Contributor
I went back and forth with the seller as instructed by PayPal to try to resolve the issue. At first the item did not show up. I reported as item not received with suspected fake merchandise after I saw the item was being shipped from China. The item in the picture was of the genuine article. I offered to return the merchandise if it came and was not authentic. The seller insisted it was real. They provided shipping info to pay pal. The item came and it was fake. I even took it to have it evaluated by a retail store for confirmation. I contacted PayPal and confirmed to them that the item was fake and I would like to return the item and receive my refund. 5 weeks later paypal responds that they have ruled against me, not regarding if the item was fake, only because I had received an item period. It didn't matter to them what the item was only that I had received something which to me is fraud.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cb1965 

Once the item arrived did you CHANGE the dispute FROM non receipt of item TO not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.