Item did not arrive eventhough ebay shows item arrived

Dariushz1
New Community Member

Hi, 

I bought an item on eBay on March 5th, promptly paid for the item the same day, to my surprise eBay showed the item arriving at my address the next day march 6th !!!, I live in california the item was allegedly in Florida. on March 7th the seller send me a note indicating that the wrong tracking number was posted on eBay saying that he will provide me with the correct tracking number soon seller claimed he had two shipments to my area??!! so far so good. on March 13th the seller finally send me an email with another tracking number claiming the item has been officially shipped on March 13th. the new USPS tracking number only indicates that a shipping information was created but nothing was actually shipped.

So now I have an item that eBay thinks it was delivered to my address, hence I can not open a case for an item that did not arrive?!?

and you guessed correctly, the seller now does not respond to any of my inquiries,

I have opened a case at PayPal, and contacted my CC company as well, but I just can't communicate with anyone on eBay to start a case. all I get is useless automatic responses.

any help would be appreciated, I have had nothing but good experience trading on eBay in the last 20 yrs but finally fell victim to mail order fraud, 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dariushz1 

Not a good idea to dispute via PayPal and your credit card at the same time. One venue at a time. PayPal can come back and say, you opened a dispute at your credit card so case closed. That's because your credit card opened a dispute against PayPal's merchant bank as a result of your cc dispute. And your credit card can also say, oops, you opened a dispute at PayPal, won't touch this. Such an incident has been reported in the forums before. No double dipping is what they call it. Will see what happens in your case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.