It seems like I am getting charged extra?

Luigi56k
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I made an ebay sell recently for an item that the total was 25 dollars. I went to check the paypak transaction and paypal took away $1.40. If I am checking it correctly I should have been charged $1.03. The 30 cent fee plus .725 for the 2.9 percent on the 25 dollar sale. Am I doing my math wrong or is there another fee that I forgot to apply? If it matters the item that sold was a broken playstation 3 and it was sent via USPS to Florida. I am currently in California.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Luigi56k,

Thanks for reaching out! Welcome to our Community Forum. Sorry to hear there's some confusion regarding your fees there. It sounds like there may have been an additional 1.5% for a cross-border fee. Here's where I'm finding that fee ($25 * 0.044 = $1.1 +$.30 = $1.40). 

Even though the shipping address is in Florida, the PayPal account where the funds are coming from may be outside of the US. 

Hope that clears it all up!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.