Is www.paypal-survey.com endorsed by PayPal?

markalexander
Contributor
Contributor

RE: Is www.paypal-survey.com endorsed by PayPal?

Hello, I received an email last week asking me to take part in a survey and they will put $175 into my PayPal account.  The survey is at their website is https://www.paypal-survey.com/survey/selfserve/9dc/pap12345 the 12345 is not the number they used for me, but I wanted you to see the full url for the survey and I am concerned that it could not be legitimate. 

The root URL of the survey, namely, www.paypal-survey.com redirects to PayPal.com 

I've written PalPal and they say the email is fraudulent.  I reach in the archives from 2011 that this company is legitimate.

The email is below, can you confirm this is legitimate and endorsed by PayPal?

Thank you,

Mark

We'd love to hear from you.

Hello Mark .........,

At PayPal, we are always interested in learning from our customers. We value your opinion and would like to understand more about your experience using the PayPal shipping tool for shipping products.

We will be conducting paid, 60-minute, one-on-one sessions with PayPal customers via recorded video conference in June - July 2018.

We are contacting you to see if you are interested in participating in one of these sessions. If you are interested, PayPal first needs to determine if you meet the criteria to participate in a research session by evaluating your responses to a quick, on-line survey. You can take the survey by clicking on the "Take the Survey" button below.

If your background fits our participation criteria, you will be provided with times to choose from to participate in the interview. Please note that participation in this study is limited to those who meet our criteria and is only available until all spots are filled.

Your help in this important research is greatly appreciated.

PAID RESEARCH DETAILS
Length: 60 minutes
Date range: June - July 2018
Research Payment: $175 will be paid if you are selected for a session and complete participation in the 60-minute session.
Topic: Experience using the PayPal shipping tool for shipping products

If you are interested in participating, please click on the button below.

Or click here.

We're committed to helping to protect your privacy. For more information please see our privacy policy.

Please Note: We cannot extend an invitation without speaking to you on the phone. If your background fits our participation criteria, someone from Focus Forward (whom we have hired to make final selections and schedule meetings) will contact you. If all timeslots for this research get filled up by the time we review your information, we will consider you for future research studies.

Sincerely,
The PayPal Product Team

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SinisterFish
New Community Member

Seems legit - a PayPal employee confirms it here:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Security-and-protection/Is-this-a-scam/m-p/297362/highlight/true...

I just did a survey on that domain and wasn't asked for any personal info whatsoever.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.