Is this scam ??

Raiganie
New Community Member
So I just received this email from a potential customer. The money hasn’t reflected or shown into my PayPal account and I’m concerned and don’t know if I should send the item or not. It came from the following email addy: paypalaccountant@servic And the bottom reads PLEASE NOTE:This paypal payment has been deducted from the buyers account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for verification so as to secure the buyer and seller,one of our customer service representative will verify your shipment and money will be credited to your account. The seller says I’m supposed to Email them back with the waybill and then the money will clear into the account. Can someone just confirm with me that this is a scam?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

pkkh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Raiganie 

I see you're concerned about a payment notification you've received. I want to inform you that when you receive money through PayPal, you will always receive an email confirmation and also notification within your PayPal account. Also, you will be able to see the payment reflect under "Activity" page. If you're not able to verify these details, you can report the email. Please refer to the Article for more information. 

Thank you

Punith 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

pkkh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Raiganie 

I see you're concerned about a payment notification you've received. I want to inform you that when you receive money through PayPal, you will always receive an email confirmation and also notification within your PayPal account. Also, you will be able to see the payment reflect under "Activity" page. If you're not able to verify these details, you can report the email. Please refer to the Article for more information. 

Thank you

Punith 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.