Is this right?

duncan2
Contributor
Contributor
So my eBay account was hacked and because I had 1 click ordering some one managed to buy an item worth £35. I contacted PayPal and asked for them to freeze my account and remove my cards from my profile they said they couldn’t. They found the transaction to be fraudulent and said I would receive a refund. 3 days later PayPal take the £35 from my bank account despite telling me it was known to be fraudulent. I phone the bank and they say it could have been cancelled 3 days ago. I ask the bank if PayPal have made any payments and the bank says no. So I contact Paypal again via webchat they say they have made the payment and it takes 30 days to appear. Surely that payment would have been visible to my bank? And why take the £35 when they knew it was fraudulent, I would have had no problem phoning the bank and cancelling it myself? And why do I now have to wait up to 30 days to have my money back? I really have no confidence in this company, bizarre way to treat customers. Additionally I received an email saying I had authorised 1 click payment on PayPal today, so contacted them again telling them I had not authorised this, the agent said ok I’ll turn it off, I said it was more concerning that someone has access to my account and asked to make a formal complaint she gave me the general enquiry contact email and said it would be directed to the correct department? Is there not a complaints procedure? I will never link my bank accounts to any other sites after this fiasco.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.