Is this email a scam?

tuvamarina
New Community Member

Hi, I just recieved a email from <removed> which says ”My name is Richard <removed>. I am a PayPal representative responsible for your transaction with *name* You have received a payment of *** SEK from *name*to your PayPal account. But the money is temporarily suspended for security reasons, Please respond to this message so that we can give you some steps on how to complete the transaction.” Is this email a scam or can I trust it, because I am about to sell a bag and I dont want to get tricked.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @tuvamarina,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you received what appears to be a spoof email. Please take a look at this article for some tips on spotting fake emails and what to do when you find them. If ever you doubt the legitimacy of an email, you can always log in to your PayPal account from a fresh browser window without following any links, and check to see if what is said in the email matches what you see in your account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.