Is this a scam?

N1ck19
New Community Member

I just received this text, followed the link. It wasn’t until I scrolled down to the bottom of the page I realised the company registration was out of date. Luckily I didn’t enter my card info. This was the text Your PayPal is blocked. Please re-confirm your identity today or your account will be permanently closed <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @N1ck19,

I can confirm the link you provided is not a PayPal link. For security reasons, we've removed that link from this thread. If you've entered in any login information into that link, we recommend updating your password and security questions as soon as it's convenient for you. Depending on the device you opened that link on, we recommend running any appropriate anti-virus software as well. 

Thank you for reporting this link. In the future, please feel free to forward links, texts, and emails you feel may be harmful or posing as PayPal to spoof@paypal.com . 

Thanks!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.