Is this a scam

Johnholland
New Community Member

Ive sent an item to canada with the money being sent through paypal once the item tracking details was comfirmed but since ive recived an email saying due to a system error i need to send 230 dollars via western union as requested from the buyer is this normal because if not im going to try and stop the parcal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johnholland

This is a typical scam ..................

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johnholland

This is a typical scam ..................

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Johnholland
New Community Member
Yeah as soon as i sore the email this morning it clicked i just wanted to check and make sure as i dont really use pay pal much so i wasnt to know
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johnholland

Always good to check.   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.