Is this a real PayPal processing screen?

SaSSySiSSy
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>That link is screenshot of the processing page. I'm almost certain it is doctored with photo shop. So I can get scammed for more money. Just thought I would confirm with the PayPal community. I'm also wondering, what's the difference between business and personal accounts? Lastly, can I report a user who's scammed me via PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @SaSSySiSSy 

I hope you are well and thanks for posting.

The screenshot doesn't seem to be PayPal's.

When you are checking out using your PayPal account, it will direct you to the login page then it will only ask you to select your shipping address and payment method if you haven't had one set up. The screenshot is not even the same with a Guest checkout. So we have to assume that someone was trying to scam you.

What's the difference between business and personal accounts? - For this one, please read What is the difference between Personal and Business accounts? 

Lastly, can I report a user who's scammed me via PayPal? - Please see How do I report a fake PayPal email or website? 

For your future reference, please see What are common scams and how do I spot them? 

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @SaSSySiSSy 

I hope you are well and thanks for posting.

The screenshot doesn't seem to be PayPal's.

When you are checking out using your PayPal account, it will direct you to the login page then it will only ask you to select your shipping address and payment method if you haven't had one set up. The screenshot is not even the same with a Guest checkout. So we have to assume that someone was trying to scam you.

What's the difference between business and personal accounts? - For this one, please read What is the difference between Personal and Business accounts? 

Lastly, can I report a user who's scammed me via PayPal? - Please see How do I report a fake PayPal email or website? 

For your future reference, please see What are common scams and how do I spot them? 

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

SaSSySiSSy
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply and the wealth of information. I found it very helpful.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.