Is this a legit email from Paypal?

scorpiotkh
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to check from paypal experts if this is a legit email from Paypal.

I was going to send an item to a buyer who said he has already transferred the money via Paypal but it will only go through when evidence of shipping has been sent. The email is from PayPal transfer alert @ usa 

Dear Valued Customer, 

You have an Instant Payment of SG:$37.90  to your PayPal account . (I removed the email accounts.) 
This PayPal Payment has been deducted from the buyer's account but will only be credited after the purchased goods has been shipped & send us the Shipment tracking number & receipt . You can now go and ship out the buyer's merchandise and send the tracking number to us.  Buyer's Shipping Address :  Name : Johan <removed>

Address : <removed>

Zip Code : <removed>

State :<removed>

The payment has been successfully made but due to security reason we have to receive the shipment tracking number before transfer is processed. This new measure we are taking to protect both our sellers and buyers against fraudulent customers.This  PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller.
                                                                                                                                ** PLEASE NOTE**

Once shipment has been verified and the tracking number sent to us, You will receive a "Confirmation Email" from PayPal® informing you that the money has been credited,Which usually takes 6-12hrs.   Thank you  for  using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scorpiotkh 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scorpiotkh 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Coupdebeast2
Contributor
Contributor
A total scam. The same scam email was sent to me in my junk folder as well, but thank God I did not do the shipping and did a proper check before I decide to ship out the product Do contact PayPal when in doubt and do take note that notifications will be sent by a original paypal email instead of the email shown above Do ask the buyer to screenshot a proof of the transaction before shipping the product
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.