Is this a PayPal scam?

teachert
New Community Member

I googled PayPal phone and Cal[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]answered saying that they were PayPal.

They wanted me to go buy a Google Play card to verify that I was a PayPal customer.

They also called me back fro[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]an[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]

They also texted me from PayPal: Your security code is... Your code expired in 10 minutes. Please don't reply.

And again they texted me Dear PayPal customer, you are talking to John <removed> ext. 402. PayPal suppor[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]

Both individuals I spoke with sounded like a scam.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@teachert 

NEVER use google to get a paypal number, scammers will post threads on here with SCAM numbers, most get reported but some slip through.

They pretend to give advice and add a number in any format that tries to get by paypals security processes.

For instance those security processes stopped the phone number you posted.

Those SCAM numbers also show up on google.

To get paypals REAL number click help / contact bottom left of every paypal page > scroll down past the FAQ and click on telephone contact for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.