Is this Scam attempt?

uros-97
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'll be short, I have personal PayPal account 2.5 years.

And one guy want to buy PayPal account with requirements: to have acc more than 6 months and to have money spent on it.

I have 0 on balance but I use PP to pay via card.

I spoke with him and he said that he want to use it as business account (to convert it).

My questions is, can I sell it (maybe it's not legal for paypal), is there danger here and can he scam/harm me? If yes, how ? If I remove card from account? Need reply as soon as possible. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uros-97 

Hello, possible for identity theft and if anything bad happens with that account, you could be held responsible because it will be under your name, and you can NEVER open another PayPal account. Please do not sell PayPal account, it is a serious financial instrument. Not a toy, not a game account. There is a reason why this other person has to "buy" an account. Because they can't open an account since they are banned for some shady reason.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uros-97 

Hello, possible for identity theft and if anything bad happens with that account, you could be held responsible because it will be under your name, and you can NEVER open another PayPal account. Please do not sell PayPal account, it is a serious financial instrument. Not a toy, not a game account. There is a reason why this other person has to "buy" an account. Because they can't open an account since they are banned for some shady reason.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

uros-97
Contributor
Contributor

But all my personal info provided is:
Name,

Address,

My ID number.

All that is however neccessary if that person want to send me payment to my bank acc for that account, if you understand.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.