Is paypal working in Sri Lanka to recive money from internet clients?

PasinduDineth
Contributor
Contributor

Hi . I have a paypal account and I used to live in Kuching Sarawak, Malaysia. Now I live in my home country Sri Lanka and wish to start a online business. I have few questions to know. Hope someone will clear these things for me.

1. Is paypal working in Sri lanka to recieve money ? I wish to use my existing account which I made when I was in Malaysia.

2. My business model is pretty much similar to drop shipping. I don't have actual product with me and one of my Malaysian supplier will make all the products. I wish to sell them online and take profit. Is paypal allowed to use and receive money to  this kind of a business modal?

Hope to get an answer soon.

My account info * Country - Malaysia

* Account type - Personal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PasinduDineth 

Sri Lanka PayPal accounts cannot receive money and cannot use a PayPal account based from another country. At least it is best that you don't to avoid being limited. PayPal accounts are country specific in use and maintained separately.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PasinduDineth 

Sri Lanka PayPal accounts cannot receive money and cannot use a PayPal account based from another country. At least it is best that you don't to avoid being limited. PayPal accounts are country specific in use and maintained separately.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.