Is paypal ripping off people with exchange rate

BenyaminAli
Contributor
Contributor
Last week i made an order on zalando uk amount was £360.96 i paid in Swedish Krona 4739.21 I retuned the items and yesterday i got refund from zalando £360.96 but i got 4356.43 Swedish kr That’s nearly 400 SEK short that’s nearly £30!!! This is not first time another time i got refund from argos they charged me 300 SEK In £660 and paypal told me that was exchange rate thats why you got less But this time is insane they charged me nearly 9% its out of hands now they ripping off people there is no way 9% exchange rate Now I understand why people slowly slowly stop using paypal because they robbing people
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
It's sad to know that you are on that situation right now. Hope we can help you out. With international transactions we strictly follow the rules regarding conversion and exchange rates. However taxes and fees may differ and in any case that there will be a refund process for your transaction it will be not refunded. You can call and talk to a Customer Service Representative for clarification so we can explain it in details and we can provide actual calculations. Note: Due to the current Pandemic that happened our Customer Service team is unavailable. I suggest you log in to our website www.paypal.com to be always updated when we will be available.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.