Is lending money protected?

ginganinja
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I was curious whether lending money is protected in paypal. Ex: I pay someone 100 and they must pay 150 back. Technically I could say that my item or digital item hasn't arrived yet. What steps do you recommend to get my money back? Just found out that the guys a registered sex offender too, lol.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ginganinja 

"Sorry for the bother but I really appreciate your help, going to file a dispute whenever you respond actually haha."

Now why you puttin' it on me? Hahaha! 🤣

Well, one could say service not as described/not carried out. I have come across a case or two in the forums where the buyer won because of that for services.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ginganinja 

Grey area. You can try it but what if the dude has the wherewithal to send an empty envelope with tracking? You'd be royally up the creek then. Normally PayPal do not help you collect debts owed to you. PayPal collect debts owed to them. PayPal have means for you to invoice people to get paid but as the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water..." 

Take him to small claims court.

Login to Me Too

ginganinja
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Ok thanks for the help, that's the scariest part for me, do you think the best route for me is to just say "Item never sent" or "Service never carried out"? This guy has completely ghosted the texts these past two days but of course I kept mentioning pay me, instead of "send it". Sorry for the bother but I really appreciate your help, going to file a dispute whenever you respond actually haha.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ginganinja 

"Sorry for the bother but I really appreciate your help, going to file a dispute whenever you respond actually haha."

Now why you puttin' it on me? Hahaha! 🤣

Well, one could say service not as described/not carried out. I have come across a case or two in the forums where the buyer won because of that for services.

Login to Me Too

ginganinja
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Ok man I appreciate it, I'll attempt to do that. Best thing is that he sent me his ID and since he's a sex offender so I know his address haha.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.