Is it 'still' possible to view PayPal's exchange rates 'without' purchasing anything?

DarkAvenger
Contributor
Contributor

It used to be if one wanted to view PayPal's exchange rates you would: 1) Click on 'PayPal balance' 2) Select 'Manage currencies' 3) Select 'Balance conversion' or 'Payment conversion' 4) Enter the required information under 'Currency exchange' and click 'Calculate' Now however after PayPal's Friday night (03 Aug 2018) update this is no longer possible! since the 'Manage currencies' option has been removed! The PayPal customer service rep I spoke to says the only way now is to add a currency ('purchase' currency) and then add money to your balance in that currency. But I don't want to do that! Since obviously that would surely require a currency conversion ('purchasing' currency) righ then and there! But I don't want to convert part of my balance to another currency just to view the rate as I need to know what the rate is beforehand! That's the whole point! I just want to see what the rate is! I don't want to purchase anything! and WHY should I have to! just to see what the rate is! I suggested to the customer service rep that the latest update omitting the 'Manage currencies' option is a SERIOUS OVERSIGHT! Does anyone have any ideas on a workaround to view the exchange rates without having to 'purchase' anything! since that's clearly a case of putting the cart before the horse!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.