Is it safe to use my debit card for autopay/online shopping?

Adeelnikama
Contributor
Contributor

I have a prepaid AT&T mobile number and want to use it's autopay option. But as I read and heard bad things about using debit card in online shopping, I don't know can I use my debit card or not? (I am an international student in US and my credit card is in the process until next month).

I also like to know can I use my debit card to buy something from Amazon, Walmart, ebay and some other e-commerce site.? Are they safe to enter my debit card number and information?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

wasqat
Contributor
Contributor

Big company web sites should be safe from hacking, but you never know. Getting a refund from Amazon might be tricky, though.

My kids use debit cards all the time for online purchases, but I'd rather use a credit card because the money is still in my control until I actually choose to make the payment. Thus, if there's a problem, I just don't pay that amount until it's resolved.

Bottom line: with a DC, the money is instantly out of your account, and getting it back in can be difficult.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.