Is it safe to give out PayPal email?

Forte224
New Community Member

Hi, so here's my situation. On eBay, I bought some stuff from a seller I'd used a couple times before. Now, he's from Japan, so a few days later the items still hadn't been marked as shipped, imports always take longer. So, today eBay started a 15% off everything coupon. I messaged the seller and asked if I could cancel the items and buy them again with the code (I later felt bad about that request and told him to ignore that message). Anyway, he said they had already shipped (which, I now have confirmation of, tracking number and all), but he asked about the coupon so I sent him a cropped pic of it.

He then offered a refund of roughly what the code would've saved me. But, he asked if he could refund it directly through PayPal. So, I gave him my email associated with it, and later wondered if that was really safe. I'm assuming this is the only way he could do a partial refund, and everything else was done officially through eBay/PayPal. Are there any possible issues with sending him my email/PayPal? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.