Is it really paypal or someone's playing me ?

mohaned

I've got an email at 10:08, from an e-mail, which seems to be paypal, but it's really weird, he sent me a message with PayPa**i**, which is weird, right?

Anyway I've got into the message, it's not a message, it's a PDF file named Account Report, odd, but I've opened the PDF file on my mobile, I found a report, with few grammar errors, and he does not talk to me, he's talking to "Customer", i searched the e-mail and found that PayPal requires directing name while E-mailing with someone, so that's unusual to PayPal, I didn't click on the "Verify Now" button, and I went directly to paypal and tried to login, it doesn't accept my login, and asks me to contact support, which requires login, which it always rejects(Image #2), so basically i am in infinite loop of trying to contact support without clicking on weird/false/hacking verify now button in the PDF file.

So right now, I am not sure if the email is Valid or not, I am not sure what am i  supposed to do, I've linked the images, so If anyone could help me, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

z.PNGz2.PNGz3.pngz4.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohaned 

@Lmathieson 

Its a spoof, they use hundreds if not thousands of garnered emails in the hope some of them have a paypal account and will respond to it.

Send it to spoof@paypal.com. or just delete it.

If its a spoof, NEVER USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email/text to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Lmathieson
Contributor
Contributor
I've just had this email too. Seems like a scam to me but how did they get my email address?? I am going to report it now.
Login to Me Too

mohaned

Great, please reply with report's result please once you receive it.
I wanna know how they got that e-mail address as well.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohaned 

@Lmathieson 

Its a spoof, they use hundreds if not thousands of garnered emails in the hope some of them have a paypal account and will respond to it.

Send it to spoof@paypal.com. or just delete it.

If its a spoof, NEVER USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email/text to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.