Is it possible to report another paypal email?

Pande1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had an individual who i had relations to request money from me to pay for services to be done on his side of things. Unfortunately i wasn't thinking straight and sent the money as a transfer rather than  a purchase. He has since absconded, taking everything I have sent and has not provided the services he was meant to do for me.

Is it possible to report that email from doing further transactions?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pande1 

Do you mean you used the friends / family option???

If so then................

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. That is also why you would be unable to open a dispute apart from an unauthorised transaction (if your account was hacked and used without your consent).

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pande1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I used that option. Its already been processed so there's no chance he will decline.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pande1 wrote:

Is it possible to report that email from doing further transactions?

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypalau/

Twitter: @AskPayPalAU

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Pande1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I will call tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.