Is it good customer service for PayPal to block people on messages? Cute!

AngiEvVen1
New Community Member

I tried to handle this discreetly through the messaging center. But now I am blocked. So I am here making my case public! HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM? I had to purchase something and PayPal was my only option. My credit card declined because my Bank saw PayPal as fraudulent activity. At the time I had no idea why the card kept declining. I tried to call PayPal and got a message that my card declined and there's nothing we can do for you and to contact your bank and then it abruptly hung up on me. Not only was this rude, condescending, accusing me of being a criminal it was also insulting. Then i got an email for something stating reasons for the card declining. A bank seeing PayPal as fraudulent was no where on that list. It was all geared towards criminal activity which I was not doing. In tears I got my bank on the line. That's where I found out about the bank seeing this as fraud. Again, PayPal does not have this as an option. If it were on the page as an option maybe I wouldn't have been so upset. Meanwhile I CONTACTED CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE LITTLE HELP PAGE AND WAS PROMPTLY BLOCKED! When I try to retrieve the message I get an error "page won't load". Funny! All of the other pages on PayPal loaded! What is this! Excellent customer service! I think not! Has anyone else been treated poorly by these folks?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AngiEvVen1 

Difficult to advise as you haven't said what country you are in.

Some countries can't use debit cards and you haven't said if you confirmed the card or not.

But millions of buyers use debit cards daily to fund their paypal payments so paypal using a bank card is not fraudulent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.