Is it actually Possible to Search for a refund by Transaction ID ?

HangTough
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, have read several out of date versions of how you're supposed to be able to do this - but none of them seem to apply to the current PayPal web site.

I'm 99% sure that I am being lied to by a certain vendor (well known "Hotel" chain:)  - i.e They've told me that a refund was issued - for a single transaction, and after much pressure from me, have now provided 2 Transaction ID numbers.

There's simply no refund for the appropriate amount,  or date they've given me, showing when I isolate my transactions with them. After a long delay they've given Trans ID Numbers, but I simply can't find how I can search with these?

Is this now by any chance an obsolete feature, and I need to contact Customer Support and quote the numbers to them?

Any advice very welcome

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HangTough

OK i have edited this as you are right it was out of date.

Go to Activity > Click on Statements with the 3 horizontal lines underneath NOT the blue link below > click on Custom the top option > scroll down the left hand side and click on Transactions > click on the last on the right Transaction Finder > select the way you want to search in the search box and scroll down to transaction type and date and fill it all in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HangTough
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - Thanks for your suggestion & The updated version which I just spotted - Sorry, I simply don't get beyond the page titled below - 

"Activity download

You can create and download a detailed report of all your transaction activity for any period of time in the past 3 years"
I then have the options to chose to download a report with the options of file type - .pdf, .csv etc - There is no "History" etc which leads to being able to search by Trans ID, email etc.

I'm a UK based Personal Account holder - I think that your advice might only apply to Business Accounts?

Thanks for your speedy help!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HangTough

I have a UK personal account but you are not reading my instructions correctly.

When you get to activity download DO NOT CLICK ON IT.................SCROLL DOWN THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THAT PAGE AND CLICK ON TRANSACTIONS and then complete the steps I suggested.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.