Is it a scam ??

Hunter65
Contributor
Contributor

How can one verify a questionable transaction. I found a website that sells a case of Yoder's canned bacon for like $60. The cheapest I have ever seen is like #179.00. The site actually says pay with PayPal and goes to what appears to be PayPal's login page. The exact same page I used to log into this forum. This has to be another Chinese scam as Yoder's bacon is made in the USA.  Anyone with thoughts. I have seen sites before that use the PayPal logo, get you to fill in all your info and then site malfunctions before the order is placed. This one actually goes to PayPal ??  Site =kkoaks.com

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hunter65 

Look, my rule of thumb is, if the price is too good to be true, then it is....a scam.

Scams don't even have to be for a lot of money, that's too obvious and the short game. The experiment is now using low to moderate prices, scam a little here and there and it adds up. The long game.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Hunter65
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I hope for too much. By the price I realize it's probably a scam. I assumed that even if I fell for it I could use PayPal to get my money back. But how does this help the next guy ??? There needs to be a way to put these scam artists on notice. eBay forums say let the community work it out. Problem is on eBay ya can't leave a review if ya don't purchase the product.  Things are not new to me . My first computer was an 8086. My first internet was copuserve. I can smell a scam from a mile away, but not all users are like me. "I saw it on the internet so it must be true". Doh ??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.