Is anyone else shocked at Paypal's new refund policy?

Jennype
Contributor
Contributor

I give a money back guarantee on everything I sell - which is so necessary in this age of scams and con artists.  And in my email inbox this morning is an announcement from paypal that they are KEEPING MY ORIGINAL TRANSACTION FEES FOR REFUNDS - when forever, they have refunded that too.  I am shocked and dismayed at this gratuitous money grab. Methinks it's time to do that extra work with the bank and dump Paypal altogether.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

debo1935
Contributor
Contributor

what i'm ticked off about is paypal delaying refunds intentionally when it's obvious that the seller has in some cases, not all has committed blatent fraud. 

Login to Me Too

jbet
New Community Member

Paypals policy change to keep its fees on refunds is extremely poor business practice. Not even credit card merchant facilities do this, so no it does NOT align with normal industry practices.   Paypal is an expensive way to collect payments from customers, now its non-viable.  Good job running their business to the ground, for me this was the nail in the coffin.  I will not be forced to shoulder the explanations to customers of why they can't receive a full refund, oh and what about accidental purchases?  It opens up businesses to all kinds of exposure, thanks but no thanks paypal.  I'll be removing paypal option from all my sites and ensure customers do not pay through them over this.  

Login to Me Too

bartine01
Contributor
Contributor

I have now made a refund, and can confirm.

If you refund something, you have to cover the fee amount in the refund.

What a massive rip off.  

I guess everybody will just put up with it...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.