International refunds

rustybhoy
Contributor
Contributor

I sent my friend some money from the UK to Canada however she accidentally sent it back to me, if I refund the money will I be charged and will the amount be sent undergo another exchange rate application?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rustybhoy 

As long as you refund from within the transaction details (click on the transaction and click "Refund this payment") everything should reverse at the same rate. You may be charged the flat rate portion of PayPal fee if the payment was a goods and services payment and you were charge PayPal fee to receive the payment as people have been known to send personal payments as commercial in error.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rustybhoy 

As long as you refund from within the transaction details (click on the transaction and click "Refund this payment") everything should reverse at the same rate. You may be charged the flat rate portion of PayPal fee if the payment was a goods and services payment and you were charge PayPal fee to receive the payment as people have been known to send personal payments as commercial in error.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.