International money transaction

RealKereel
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I'm trying to receive a transaction in GBP to my GBP account in a Russian bank for a freelance job that I did, and I want to clarify how big the commission for this transfer might be and are there any other fees that will be charged for this transaction?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RealKereel wrote:

Hello!

I'm trying to receive a transaction in GBP to my GBP account in a Russian bank for a freelance job that I did, and I want to clarify how big the commission for this transfer might be and are there any other fees that will be charged for this transaction?

Thanks!

GBP will be converted to your local currency once it hits your PayPal account (PayPal accounts are country and currency specific) unless you carry GBP PayPal balance to make payments with in GBP, but withdrawing will still convert the GBP to your local currency and then convert back to GBP in Russian bank so you might as well convert to your local currency within PayPal and withdraw in your local currency.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.