International fees for service clarification please

Seycharlotte
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've read the relevant pages and scoured the forum but don't seem to be able to quite get my head around international fees. I'm on a personal account charging for a service - £25 to a US customer (I am in the UK) and making an assumption of not paying with a credit card. In addition, I will be paid as GBP so assuming no currency charges. It's the other stuff I can't quite get my head around - I think mainly as there's so much out of date info out there.

In my head it was always 3.4% + 0.20p but there now seems to be a £1.99 fee too. And what about the 1% discussed in 'Currency transfer and cross-border commercial payment fees'? Is that in addition too? So it is £1.99 + 3.4% + 0.20p + 1%?

Finally - I have always assumed it was me who paid these fees but it says at the top here that the sender pays. This has not been my experience... 

Thanks for your help in advance. I've tried hard to figure it out but to me it's not very clear.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.