International deposit

Danica_1
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, so I’ve done some work for a small modelling agency and my work is worth £1.000. As covid-19 has hit , it was on over the phone sort of shoot, where I would go to different locations and it would work like that! I’m now being paid, but the payer lives in America. She said she has transferred me the £1,000 I’m owed but due to it being in a different country, I have to the send her 10% of this to make a deposit, before the money and the deposit will be funded into my account?! Is this correct , because I don’t want to be sending over £100 and potentially not get paid! Thanks in advance 🙂
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danica_1 

She's scamming you that is NOT how paypal works.

All she has to do is go to send money > put in your email address > put in the amount > select GBP from the drop down box > select goods/services > then before she clicks to send you the £1000 it will tell her how much will be deducted from her funding source in her own currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danica_1 

She's scamming you that is NOT how paypal works.

All she has to do is go to send money > put in your email address > put in the amount > select GBP from the drop down box > select goods/services > then before she clicks to send you the £1000 it will tell her how much will be deducted from her funding source in her own currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Danica_1
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for this!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.