New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Join the live Q&A with our Community moderator team Wednesdays, 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET) and Fridays, 4-5pm GMT. Learn more in Community Events
I would like to double confirm about the requirement for others to transfer money to my PayPal account.
What information should I provide to the third party in order to transfer money to my PayPal account?
I had read the instruction, it only required a PayPal account and email address.
What if the third party ask for contact number and PayPal name?
Would it be a hacker to hack my money away?
Hope to receive your reply as soon as possible!
All you need to do is provide your email address - same one you used to setup your Account with. (They do not need any other info.)
Note, if you're selling an item - send the buyer an invoice, they pay, you get the money, then ship the item. Check out the User Agreement to ensure that you are following the details outlined for Seller Protection.
If they are encouraging you to use Paypal and asking for other information then be aware of these scams ....
1. A lot of scammers encourage you to accept a paypal payment and if you don't have an account ask you to open one.
2. Do not get scammed via spoof emails that look as if they are from paypal.
3. Never send anything unless the funds are showing in your paypal account balance, even if you are a new seller and subject to the new seller hold the funds would still show in your balance but have pending by them.
4. Do NOT send anything to an address not linked to the paypal registered address of the buyer.
5. Do not be fooled by you so called buyer and "paypal" telling you that you either have to >>>
a. Send the item and provide a tracking number BEFORE the funds show in your balance.
b. You have to pay the buyers shipping agent via western union or moneygram before his payment that is supposed to include these costs are credited to you.
6. Do not accept payment for sales using the family / friends option.
7. Remember sellers send invoices and not buyers so if you get an invoice "marked as gift / paid" and saying it won't show in your balance for 24 hours or that your payment can't be the subject of a chargeback.....its a scam.
If in doubt come here and ask and also read up on paypals seller protection first so you can risk assess your transactions.