New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Chat with our moderator team Wednesdays between 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET) and Fridays between 4-5pm GMT. Learn more in Community Events
Your email address - the same one you use to login to your PayPal Account. Note, the sender would also have to have a PayPal Account - if you're not selling anything and the sender and your account are both in the same country, and the sender uses money from their bank account or PayPal Account Balance and uses the Send Money feature and selects the "Friends and Family" option - there no fees.
The email address you use with paypal identifies your paypal account and is all someone needs to pay you.
Or you can send a money request from your paypal account to their paypal email address for them to pay.
You may be subject to the 'new seller hold' (info on that in link below), BUT once cleared you can click on 'withdraw/transfer funds' and send it to any linked bank account.
HOWEVER be very careful as lot of scam merchants about.......
1. A lot of scammers encourage you to accept a paypal payment and if you don't have an account ask you to open one.
2. Do not get scammed via spoof emails that look as if they are from paypal.
3. Never send anything unless the funds are showing in your paypal account balance, even if you are a new seller and subject to the new seller hold the funds would still show in your balance but have pending by them.
4. Do NOT send anything to an address not linked to the paypal registered address of the buyer.
5. Do not be fooled by you so called buyer and "paypal" telling you that you either have to >>>
a. Send the item and provide a tracking number BEFORE the funds show in your balance.
b. You have to pay the buyers shipping agent via western union or moneygram before his payment that is supposed to include these costs are credited to you.
6. Do not accept payment for sales using the family / friends option.
7. Remember sellers send invoices and not buyers so if you get an invoice "marked as gift / paid" and saying it won't show in your balance for 24 hours or that your payment can't be the subject of a chargeback.....its a scam.
If in doubt come here and ask and also read up on paypals seller protection first so you can risk assess your transactions.