Individual business

nnnauris
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I want to ask.
I have a private account which has started to make sells. To avoid problems I want to find out.

1. How soon would be advisable to upgrade a private account to Individual business account?

2. What documents are required for a Individual business account if a passport and address proof has already been submitted?

3. How to get tracking number for software products that I sell as it is not satisfied with land postal delivery?

4. Do I really need a business account if I make just about 5000 euros per year

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

1.  As soon as you're making business sales.

2.  If the account is already verified/confirmed, you should not have to provide any additional information other than maybe the business tax ID if it's different from your social security number.  If you start doing heavy sales volume then they may request some additional business info at that point like bank statements, licenses, etc.  Anything like that would be requested through the account and you could upload any documentation they are asking for there at that time.

3.  Unfortunately, there is no way to prove delivery of digital goods (at least not that PayPal or any other payment processors I know of will honor.)  I've been considering building such a system using a blockchain, which would prove beyond doubt that the item was indeed delivered/received successfully.  However, getting PayPal or any other payment provider to actually honor that and cover it like a tracking number from a physical goods carrier would be extremely difficult, even for a PayPal Partner like myself.  

4.  If those are business sales, yes.  Not only is it part of PayPal's terms of service, but it's also simply recommended.  If you're conducting business, use business accounts.  For personal transactions, use personal accounts.  There are many reasons for this recommendation beyond the scope of this thread.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

You are in Latvia.

to answer question #3,selling virtual/digital product which has no physical delivery,if your buyer said I did not get it,,you would lose.

Login to Me Too

nnnauris
Contributor
Contributor

# 3

I was thinking - can I trade in my case with software programs and do not complete tracking info?

I do not want to be banned from my account!!!
This is my only source of money.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you mean you are selling digital/virtual goods or offering services which do not require you to ship,so no tracking?

when you receive payment,there is a way to mark it as no shipping required.

but I don't know if it would protect you from your buyer filing item not received as proof of receipt is in the tracking from a commercial carrier viewable online.

some seller will ship a 2 ounces package with tracking like a thank you note ,domestic cost is 2.66 cents 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.