Incorrect paypal fees

bjbhelp
New Community Member

I have two paypal fees charged too high.  I have used 3.4%+20p of the total amount received (Sale price+postage charged to buyer)

The first transaction was a total of £62.77 received and I have been charged £3.59.  I calculate this should be £2.33

The second transaction was a total of 12.20 received and I have been charged £0.68.  I calculate this should be £0.61

Both were UK sales.

My remaining four transactions for the same period are correct.

I cannot see how to report this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bjbhelp wrote:

I have two paypal fees charged too high.  I have used 3.4%+20p of the total amount received (Sale price+postage charged to buyer)

The first transaction was a total of £62.77 received and I have been charged £3.59.  I calculate this should be £2.33

The second transaction was a total of 12.20 received and I have been charged £0.68.  I calculate this should be £0.61

Both were UK sales.

2% "rest of the world" cross border rate was used so you were charged 5.4% + 20p on the £62.77

0.5% for "Europe I" cross border rate was used and charged 3.9% + 20p on the £12.20

There must be something about those PayPal accounts that sent you money that is not within the UK.

Are you selling in a way that the customer payment shipping address can be different from the nationality of the PayPal Account? For example, I've had buyers use a foreign PayPal Account but they want to ship to same country as me so I'd be charged cross border rate.

Otherwise, you'll need to contact customer service to adjust the rates charged:

Call customer service: Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

@paypaluk Twitter https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK  facebook UK

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bjbhelp wrote:

Both were UK sales.

2% "rest of the world" cross border rate was used so you were charged 5.4% + 20p on the £62.77

0.5% for "Europe I" cross border rate was used and charged 3.9% + 20p on the £12.20

There must be something about those PayPal accounts that sent you money that is not within the UK.

Are you selling in a way that the customer payment shipping address can be different from the nationality of the PayPal Account? For example, I've had buyers use a foreign PayPal Account but they want to ship to same country as me so I'd be charged cross border rate.

Otherwise, you'll need to contact customer service to adjust the rates charged:

Call customer service: Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

@paypaluk Twitter https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK  facebook UK

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.