cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inappropriate fees

SOLVED
New Community Member

Inappropriate fees

I received money via Paypal, and was charged a fee. Never happened before. It seems to suddenly be treating me as if I sold something. I did not! It’s simply money owed me from an individual. We both have Paypal accounts in the USA. I can’t find an email or a phone number to reach Paypal. How do I pursue my money?! Thanks in advance-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Advisor

Re: Inappropriate fees

@evanfree

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If your friend chose the send money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If your friend had chosen the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly.

You could try refunding the payment and asking them to send it the correct way but you would lose the 20p fixed fee part.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
1 REPLY
Volunteer Advisor

Re: Inappropriate fees

@evanfree

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If your friend chose the send money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If your friend had chosen the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly.

You could try refunding the payment and asking them to send it the correct way but you would lose the 20p fixed fee part.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.