Inability to reach customer service

Jdr33437
Contributor
Contributor
 PayPal Virtual Agent10:29 AM Hi! I'm PayPal's Virtual Agent. I can help with common questions like "what's the status of my dispute" or "I want a refund". If I can't help, I'll transfer your message to an agent.  Joshua Rose10:34 AM I'm writing to express deep concerns about your company, specifically Xoom. I have had a handful of issues that require resolution. It isn't possible to talk to anyone via phone, although every other financial company I deal with has solved the problem. I've written no fewer than a dozen messages , none of which have been addressed. As far as I am concerned your company does not exist and I am deeply concerned. what do I need to do to get an actual person in the phone to begin to resolve these problems? The only alternative is closing my accounts with you but the problems need resolution first. Can't tell you how disappointed I am. I know this is a difficult time for all of us, but other businesses have figured out how to deal with customers. Frightening that you have not.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jdr33437 

Paypal phones are not operating at the moment due to covid.

However they are working from home and responding to 'messages'.

However folks are very impatient and if they don't get an instant response they are sending repeat messages.

So 1 message from someone sent 6 times can have up to 6 agents dealing with it (AND YOU HAVE SENT 12) so that on top of having no phone lines is obviously delaying things even more.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jdr33437
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your thoughtful response and opinion. I simply find it hard to believe that you can now get a major bank on the phone in minutes, airlines in minutes, all coping with the exact same problem. Clearly PayPal and Xoom are taking a radically different approach which by the evidence is simply not working.
Login to Me Too

Jdr33437
Contributor
Contributor
Perhaps even more alarming is if you don't work for the company, you are aware of my interactions with the company. Are they sharing confidential information with you to respond or are you hacking their system? This gives me even less confidence in their capability
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jdr33437 

No I am not aware of your interactions with Paypal, I just READ your initial post in which YOU say...........

'' I've written no fewer than a dozen messages , none of which have been addressed''. 

But thanks for accusing me of being a criminal and hacking Paypal or your account.

I will certainly take that forward when I have spent the last 10 years on here giving up my time to help other users and to save them from scammers.

I will also never give up my time to try and help you again or respond to your posts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.