If someone send me request for money is this covered under buyer protection ??

Ssmangat
New Community Member
I just want to now if I am covered by PayPal promise for request ??
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Julz07
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ssmangat ,

Hope everything is well despite of the pandemic that we are all going through right now.

Just make sure that every time you make a purchase/payment process it as "goods and service" not "family and friends".

I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos and accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ssmangat 

Yes a ''money request'' or ''invoice'' is a goods/services payment BUT that protection is not a 100% coverall so your best bet is to go and read up on it and then you can risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CrisisDoc
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same question. A business person who is advertising on Etsy wants to do the transaction off of Etsy, supposedly to save me sales tax. However my state does not collect sales tax so I think they want to skirt Etsy fees. Regardless of the reason, if I send them money as a business transaction (not friends/ family), and the item I receive is not as described, will PayPal help protect me? One person replies and said yes, another person replied and said “...BUT that protection is not a 100% coverall so your best bet is to go and read up on it and then you can risk assess your transactions.” OK that is why I am here, don’t tell me to read up. Can someone legitimately answer the question?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CrisisDoc 

The answer is to READ UP ON IT YOURSELF.

Why should we copy / paste all of paypals buyer protection policy to show you where you are and are not covered just because you can't be bothered to go read up on it yourself.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CrisisDoc
Contributor
Contributor
Your post was reported to the moderator as being inappropriate.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CrisisDoc 

🤣

The reply was fine you just didn't like being told what to do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.